1st Shift Maintenance Mechanic - $60K
BENTON HARBOR, MI 49022
- This position is responsible for activities associated with the maintenance of all facility operations. A mechanic must demonstrate the ability to maintain and repair a variety of machinery such as roll form, cut-off presses, conveyors, packaging equipment, air compressors, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, hand tools, and building equipment. In addition, a mechanic must fabricate parts from drawings, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Maintain all work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition at all times
- Repair damaged mechanisms, replace worn or defective parts and adjust assemblies for proper operations.
- Install or assist other maintenance personnel in the installation of all manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrate high degree of knowledge in fittings, bearings, gears, shafts, machined parts and lubrication.
- Troubleshoot and maintenance hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Safely utilize machine shop and welding equipment.
- Lead or assist in roll form, die setup and changeover procedures.
- Perform inspections of cut-off presses, air compressors, printing and labeling equipment, and other auxiliary equipment.
- Perform basic machine preventive maintenance on presses and other auxiliary equipment.
- Follow standard operating procedures for inventory management and CMMS activity.
- Maintain all work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition at all times.
- High school diploma or GED
- Required; minimum 1-3 years of experience in maintenance position, or similar
- Required; demonstrate ability to read complex drawings and fabricate appropriate part
- Required; demonstrate understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Preferred; familiarity with machine shop safety and equipment operations
This position is with a local Benton Harbor company. Clean work environment and goodbenefits when perm hired.
For more information contact Rena Graham at 269-605-4131