Field Service Technician - $20/Hr - 1st Shift
South Haven, MI 49090 US
Hours: 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM Monday – Friday, with additional overtime as needed.
Will switch to a remote position once trained fully.
- The successful candidate for this position will have a strong desire to support and ensure that all of our customers are successful in the deployment, training, use, and maintenance of all of their equipment.
- Must have a positive attitude and experience in face-to-face interaction with customers from the operator level through management levels.
- Must be detail oriented and willing to provide a high level of detailed service records.
- This individual must have an excellent work performance history, and a mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 90% of the time both domestically and internationally.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to complete a root cause analysis and transition that into a correction and implementation plan.
- Must have experience in scheduling his/her own travel arrangements and remain within a reasonable budget to do so.
- Will begin in the assembly department before transitioning fully to the field.
- 2 to 5 years of Field Service experience. Experience with industrial food equipment is a plus.
- Mechanical and Electrical aptitude a must.
- Controls programming and/or troubleshooting experience a plus.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications in order to troubleshoot and ultimately address service issues.
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Allen Bradley and Rockwell Automation software.
- Quarterly bonus up to 30% of gross earnings.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. Company pays 100% of the Health care premium if the employee signs up as a single.
- PTO. Begin accruing hours on the first day of permanent employment at a rate of 40 hrs. for the first year. Jumps to 80 hours in the second year.
- 3 days paid sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
- 401k program with company investment.