Precision Grinder - $18/Hr - 1st Shift
SOUTH BEND, IN 46614 US
1st shift position working 6am-4:30pm Monday - Thursday with overtime as needed. Temp to hire position starting out at $15.00/hr - $19.00/hr depending on experience. Qualified candidates can apply online at www.woodstaffing.com/apply and contact Rena at 574-968-1411 with questions.
- Set up and operation of a variety of grinding machines such as external, centerless, internal and surface grinders to grind metal work pieces such as machine parts, dies or tools.
- Will study blueprint or layout to plan sequence of operations
- Select appropriate grinding wheel, dress wheel with dressing device
- Position and secure work piece in place and select feed rates, grinding speeds, depth of cuts and grinding wheel of size, shape and grade for each operation
- Observe operation and adjust position and action of wheel and work piece
- Verify dimensions of ground work piece for conformance to specifications
- Must have previous experience performing precision grinding - experience from a tight tolerance, high precision, CNC machining environment is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Must have high school diploma or GED or one to two years related experience and /or training or equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Must have reliable transportation and good attendance